NorthStar Community Services provides a wide variety of Employment Services including 245D-waivered employment services and Vocational Rehabilitation Services. NorthStar currently services the northeast region of Minnesota including, St. Louis, Lake, Carlton, Pine, and Aitkin Counties. Employment Services and supports are customized to meet the individual’s needs to assist with further developing employment skills to obtain competitive community employment.
Through the services available, our staff members will provide assistance with:
- Job analysis
- Job redesign
- Support with acceptable workplace self-care, proper dress, personal hygiene, and grooming
- Job training and coaching to strengthen and maintain necessary work skills, behaviors, and co-worker relationships
- Job-related counseling and support, including help understanding earned wages and impact on benefits
- Training and coaching the person on job-related transportation
- Progress review and reporting meetings
- In-service transportation
These are services that help a person gain a better understanding of competitive, integrated employment opportunities in their community. Exploration activities and experiences strengthen a person’s knowledge, interests, and preferences so they can make informed decisions about competitive employment.
Individualized services designed to help a person achieve competitive, integrated employment, become self-employed, or establish a microenterprise business in their Community.
Individualized services and supports that help people maintain paid employment in community businesses/settings. Employment support services occur in integrated community settings and these settings can be in groups or provided one-on-one.